Bordeaux, Nouvelle-Aquitaine – Teacher Anne Laure
Shared Bathroom full or half board
Package All inclusive for one week
- Level test
- 15 Hours of personalized lessons
- Around 20 hours of French conversation/practice during meals and activities
- 3 activities with guided conversations
- Breakfast with guided conversations
- Lunch and/or dinner with guided conversations
- Comfortable accommodation with a shared bathroom
Bordeaux was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2007, and the labeled doors’ in old Bordeaux from the 13th, 15th and 18th centuries remain intact, and one can see them while strolling around the city. They were either a mark of welcome or of defense of the city during those times. We will be able to visit some of them.
The Chartrons District: Once the center of foreign wine merchants, today it is a place full of history and details. It is an intact small village in the heart of the metropolis, with rue Notre-Dame, its church and its marketplace.
The Saint Michel District: This lively and colorful neighborhood evokes French culture at every street corner. In its past, it swarmed with the workshops of carpenters, coopers, blacksmiths and gunsmiths. There are many options to choose from here, just let me know what appeals to you at the moment!
YOUR HOME STAY FRENCH IMMERSION IN BORDEAUX
For me, immersion in my home is the best way to improve your French in an authentic way by combining language, culture and conviviality. We will have as many conversations as possible during our lessons, sharing meals and discovering the region. But do not hesitate to tell me about your specific wishes, projects and desires that will allow me to better target your learning objectives and establish a program that is closest to your expectations.
You will have a comfortable room on the courtyard side with a double bed (or single according to your request) and a shared bathroom. You can come up to 3 people because we have 2 rooms available. You will enjoy having breakfast in our very bright and welcoming dining room which overlooks a green terrace.
Sharing meals with you will be a pleasure. I prepare a generous organic and homemade food. My past as a restaurateur helps me adapt to many diets with vegetarian dishes, gluten-free or lactose-free for example. For me, cooking is a good vehicle for communicationand we will have the opportunity to go to the market and buy fresh products that we will cook together.
For lunches you can go to nearby restaurants or brasseries, it is only a few minutes’ walk from the apartment. However, upon request, I can also offer you full board. I am not a smoker, but you can smoke on the balcony if you wish. I also have a very affectionate cat who leads a peaceful life indoors and outdoors.
A stone’s throw from the city center, theaters, cafes and restaurants, you will love the authentic French way of life with an unforgettable immersion stay.
Hello, my name is Anne-Laure. I am a French teacher with good experience in training for adults. At the beginning as a host family, I decided to share my love and my passion for the French language. I opened my house to all students who want to come and learn French with lessons but also in authentic immersion. In the heart of the city of Bordeaux, 5 minutes walk from the historic center and 15 minutes from the train station, I welcome you in a warm and quiet apartment in a small typically Bordeaux residence which revolves around an interior courtyard tree.
I have a good experience as a French teacher for adults. In addition, my many voluntary actions in professional integration have brought me a great listening capacity as well as a great adaptability. In a friendly atmosphere, I teach for all levels, from beginners to advanced and all my courses are tailor-made for you. I am building a program to help you achieve your goals, based on oral exercises to reinforce the topics we discuss.
You will have your French classes in the living room or on the terrace, weather permitting, every morning. If you come with your friend and you have the same level of French, then we can have classes in a small group. I will use all my skills to make you master the French language quickly.
I will be your guide to discover Bordeaux, famous for its 18th century architectural heritage, its wine and its gastronomy.The mirror of water in the Place de la Bourse, the narrow alleys of the protected sector, the Pey Berland tower, the Cailhau gate, the big bell, the Place des Quinconces are all emblematic places to discover, as are its many museums. Here are some examples of activities to do on foot, by tram or by bike:
Tour of the 6 doors of Bordeaux: These huge ‘doors’ of old Bordeaux from the 13th, 15th and 18th centuries remain intact, and one can see them plodded around the city. They were either a mark of opening or of defence of the city in those times. We will be able to visit some of them.
The Chartrons district: Once the centre of foreign wine merchants, is today a place full of history and details. A small village in the heart of the metropolis with rue Notre-Dame, its church and its marketplace.
The Saint Michel district: This lively and colourful neighbourhood evokes at every street corner. In its past, it was swarmed with workshops of carpenters, coopers, blacksmiths or gunsmiths … The district today lives to the rhythm of flea markets, food or clearance sale that we will discover together
Walk on the other bank: We will access the right bank by river shuttle, walk to the Hermitage park which offers the most beautiful view of Bordeaux. Afterwards, we will descent to the alternative eco-neighbourhood of Darwin and the botanical garden, and to finish have a drink at the very picturesque tavern “Chez Alriq”, on the banks of the Garonne …. there are many options to choose from here, just let me know what appeals to you in the moment!
- EXCURSION TO SAINT-EMILION
- Duration: 6H
- Supplement: + 25 euros
- Proposed activities: Visit to a winery and wine tasting; Educational tour by the medieval village, picnic, tasting of the famous macaroons, visit of troglodyte cellars
- WALKING (by bike or on foot) AROUND THE ARCACHON BASIN
- Duration: 7H
- Supplement: + 35 euros
- Proposed activities: Visit to the oyster port of La teste de buch – Oyster tasting – Picnic on the beach – Swimming – Discovery of the “winter city of Arcachon”
- WINE TOUR IN BORDEAUX
- Duration: 4H
- Supplement: + 20 euros
- Proposed activities: Arrival at the merchants’ district by the river shuttle – active visit to the district (photos, sound bites, clue finding, etc…) – Wine museum + wine tasting – Discovering good addresses and must-see places in the Chartrons district – Tasting of the famous canelé de Bordeaux
- VISIT OF THE ECO QUARTER OF BORDEAUX (by bike or on foot)
- Duration: 5H
- Supplement: + 20 euros
- Proposed activities: Exhibition on recycling and street art, discussion with local craftsmen and associations – Tasting of local beer – Concert at the emblematic guinguette of Bordeaux
- DISCOVERY OF THE CAPUCINS MARKET
- Duration: 3H
- Supplement: + 20 euros
- Proposed activities : Educational tour – Discovery of local specialties, discussion with the shopkeepers – Meal in the market
- VISIT OF THE GRAND THEATRE
- Duration: 1:30h
- Supplement: + 15 euros
- Proposed activities: Exhibition, history of the monument, visit to the rooms
- VISIT OF A CHATEAU GRAND CRU CLASSÉ
- Duration : 1:30h
- Supplement: + 15 euros
- Proposed activities: History of the castle and wine tasting