Burzet, Ardèche in Rhône-Auvergne – Teacher Dominique
Private Bathroom half or full board
Package All inclusive for one week
- Level test
- 15 Hours of personalized lessons
- Around 20 hours of French conversation/practice during meals and activities
- 3 activities with guided conversations
- Breakfast with guided conversations
- Lunch or dinner with guided conversations
- Comfortable accommodation ensuite bathroom
Speak and live the French language thanks to a total immersion in a small peaceful authentic village in the heart of the Monts d’Ardèche, a natural site remarkable for its ancient volcanoes and its sublime rivers and waterfalls.
Dominique, your host-teacher, offers you fun and efficient courses to put your French into practice according to your specific needs. During your stay, you will discover a region of preserved nature, picturesque villages with the scent of yesteryear and you will also have the opportunity to interact with very friendly locals.
My house la Capelune is a beautiful stone house typical of the Ardèche. It overlooks the pretty little village of Burzet, crossed by the river Bourge. You will enjoy the calm, the chirping of birds, the freshness of the surrounding streams, on a hill in the middle of nature but at 15 minutes walk from the village. You will have a beautiful independent room carefully decorated with private bathroom and small private terrace.
You will discover the charm of this area, the traditions and specialties of this land.
YOUR HOME STAY FRENCH IMMERSION IN BURZET IN ARDÈCHE
The linguistic bath is probably the best strategy for learning a language, but this immersion must be as fun as it is intense, and not restrictive for the students. A language is first and foremost used to communicate in order to promote cultural discovery and the meeting of others.
Therefore I will do my best to make this stay exciting and in accordance with this approach. We will mainly have conversation classes with interesting materials and activities targeted on the planned outings, we will share meals, you will also discover charming places and people.Of course, I will be at your disposal to refine the program according to your expectations.
Your room is spacious and very comfortable, cool in summer. You will like its stone walls, its typical arches of the region, its old charm. It has a double bed in 140, a bathroom with WC and a small sunny terrace in the morning (parasol) with a beautiful view on the valley.You will be able to have your breakfasts in the kitchen / dining room which gives on the garden.
A stay with us will allow you to discover an authentic corner of rural France which has been reinvested for several years by former city dwellers, including ourselves, anxious to live in a preserved natural environment, far from the tumult of the city.
I would be delighted to guide you through our splendid region, while encouraging you to practice your French through well supervised nature or cultural activities. Not only will you go on excursions to remarkable sites, but you will also have the opportunity to ask questions and interact with professional and non-professional locals during these visits. We will gladly share all meals if you opt for full board. You can also buy food at the small grocery store in the village or eat at the restaurant at lunchtime if you prefer half board. I prepare simple and tasty meals with products from our garden when possible or with organic products from our local producers. My husband Fred is a chef, so he will also know how to delight you and adapt to any type of diet.
Life at La Capelune is very peaceful, apart from my online classes, we tinker, garden, and entertain friends a lot. I also have a very affectionate young Border Collier.
What kind of teacher am I? They say I am passionate, committed and dynamic. Actually,I have been happily teaching French and English for over 30 years. I also have a lot of experience in welcoming French learners (adults and juniors) as I worked for a long time as a teaching coordinator for a renowned French center on the French Riviera. I love to see my students progress and especially to have fun in their learning. Travelling is another of my passions, I have lived in the United States and in the Dominican Republic, so I know about immersion and can understand the needs of these learners. Receiving foreign students also feels like travelling, thanks to the meetings and exchanges. Besides teaching, I’ve created 2 guestrooms in my house to welcome tourists, so I thought it would be great to be able to combine both activities and make the best use of my skills.
LEARN FRENCH LANGUAGE
My experience in teaching languages has led me to favor teaching method called « active pedagogy », which encourages the learners to get involved by stimulating their curiosity, surprising them with original and playful activities and encouraging them to express themselves spontaneously.
The objective is to help them gain confidence and use the language independently. Classes will take place in the morning in the living room or in the garden depending on the weather. They will provide you with the linguistic tools to be at ease during the afternoon activities which will include observations, surveys, village or market visits, nature walks, recipe preparation, original excursions and interactions with locals. The idea is to live the language more than to learn it; by moving, cooking, singing, playing, reading, getting curious, having fun, and also encountering obstacles. Above all, I will listen to each student to understand their needs and adapt the program accordingly.
I have only been living in the Ardèche for 3 years, but as I have fallen in love with the region, I have explored every corner of it, of course for pleasure but also to be able to advise my tourists who stay in the gite in the summer. It will be a pleasure for me to make you discover the region and my secret corners. I will also propose educational activities in connection with these outings.
Here are some examples of excursions which are of course completely flexible according to your desires and your possibilities.
We are in the heart of the Natural Park of the Monts d’Ardèche and Burzet is classified as a green resort since 2009. This means that the village offers leisure activities in a preserved nature in the heart of the land. We are therefore in a rural area, 30 minutes by car from any urban center.
- Nature walks (depending on your wishes and conditions).
- Easy hike with a visit to the Ray Pic waterfall (one of the most beautiful in the Ardèche, 20 minutes from Burzet) + picnic near the river with typical Ardèche products.
- Walk on the plateaus if the weather is good, to discover the famous Mont Gerbier and the division of the waters between the sources of the Rhone and the Loire.
- Hike on the basaltic flows in the river of Jaujac or Thueyts, to discover the volcanic history of the region.
- Easy hike to the Moucheyre pass for a panoramic view of the Bourge valley
- Cultural outings in one of the many villages of character among which
- Burzet first, in the heart of the Bourges valley in the middle of a cirque of volcanic mountains. Its church (1456), classified as a historical monument, is a masterpiece of medieval art. You can also climb the narrow streets and cobblestones to admire the view and the remains of the Peyres castle, the statue of the Virgin and the clock tower with its very old mechanism.
- Meyras superbly restored and its murals which illustrate the life of former days and the history of the train with Dédé.
- Jaujac with its medieval village perched above the river Lignon, its village square with plane trees, its triad of castles, the Roman bridge of Chastellas.
- Thueyts above the Ardeche river and its memorable sites, such as the Devil’s bridge, its noble historical residences such as the castle of Blou.
- Ucel : discovery of the old Ucel magnificently restored by a passionate group
- Chirols: visit of the Ecomuseum of the Moulinage which retraces the epic of the silk thread and the work of the workers.
- Visits to the market
- Visit of Aubenas and its market: Discovery of Aubenas, tourist capital. Its castle, its central square and its very cheerful producers’ market. We will do some shopping in anticipation of a local recipe. (all in French!!)
- Market of Vals les Bains: market and city with the charm of yesteryear (spa town and its park, popular at the beginning of the 20th century).
- Chirols night market (between May and September) craftsmen, producers and concerts.
- The exceptional Saturday market in Les Vans (further south).
- Activities and interaction with the locals
- Petanque in Burzet or Jaujac /meeting with players.
- Buying fresh produce to make a local recipe/meeting with shopkeepers.
- Visit to the Chirols museum/meeting with guide.
- Visit of the small train museum with Dédé l’Ardéchois.
- Lunch in a typical restaurant of the region /interaction with the chef and waiters (extra charge).